Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

As I was thinking about what to make for dinner tonight I needed one more side dish to go along with our grilled chicken and salads.  I felt like our plates needed a little bit more color to it. I had a few more sweet potato's left over from the holiday's that i needed to use up. So i peeled a few of them and cup them into slices put a little Evoo on them and some sea salt and baked them in the over at 375 until they were crisp.  About 15 min's or so.  I have seen a similar idea in the grocery store in the freezer section but they are like 5.00 a bag and the homemade ones taste sooooooo much better!!! These are a perfect option if you have some left over sweet potato's from the holidays and they are super yummy!


5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I am featuring you on my blog this week. My numbers are down with the holidays here but I hope to get you some more views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potato fries are my fav!!!! :) Can't wait to see what you post about next! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back! :) PS - I found you at Mommy Minded!
    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Megan at Mommy Minded sent us over. I'm a new follower! Welcome to blogging!

    I have a few sweet potatos and i think i'll be making these fries for dinner tonight! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! those look great, I try and make sweet potato fries, but haven't made them lately...might give them a try :)

    New follower here from Mommy Minded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys so much for following! I really could have eaten the whole pan of fries! If i didn't think they would all go to my bottom or my hips or anywhere else they are not welcomed!! =)

    ReplyDelete