Saturday, January 15, 2011

Making Dinner with food from the Dollar Tree! Do YOU think I can?!

Being the mom and wife of a soldier gets kind of rough at time. My husband just recently went from active duty to national guard (Thank you LORD!!!). But as the kids as I went to visit him while he was on a month long training. The base that he is actually on has a lot of history with it. It was the same base that Elvis did his basic training! Kinda neat right!! The kids and I are going to walk around base (or drive) to see if we can find where Elvis stayed. Since it is still up (somewhere). There is a point to this blog! So i will get with it..  In efforts to be frugal on this trip since it was such a long trip up. I brought some food with us instead of eating out! 
So in my efforts to *try* to cook more frugally while we are here. I brought some Tuna, Noodles, Muffin mixes, brownie mix, Canned veggies instead of frozen and mushroom soup. I will be making a trip to the Dollar Tree, since this one up here is HUGE!! We do not have one in our home town. (I know I know! How on earth do i survive!) Well that is another story! So anyway back on topic! So tonight I am going to *try* to create a wonderful Healthy meal! I will post what i actually made for dinner in a little bit! With pictures of course!! Let me know what you think i should make for dinner! Or if you think it is possible or not possible! I want to know!

2 comments:

  1. Oh its possible. Hubby and I were just at a dollar tree yesterday and he was saying that you really can grocery shop there if you had too! The trick is to find stuff that isnt loaded down with sugar or salt. :( I cant wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete